Friday, October 16, 2009

Beetroot Kheer





Two days ago,I bought beetroots and I was planning to make halwa.But I changed my idea and made Kheer with beetroot.Kheer came out very well,although it was my first attempt with beetroot:-) I gave this recipe to my friend, she liked it and as well she prepared it for Diwali party at her place.

Beetroot is fully loaded with vitamins and minerals and the most surprising part is beetroot plays an important role against stomach cancer.It contains Betaine,an amino acid that has anti-cancer property.

Ingredients :

1.Beetroot - 2(Medium sized)
2.Milk - 5 Cups
3.Condensed Milk - 1/2 Cup
4.Sugar - 1 Cup(Add more or less based on your taste)
5.Cashews&Raisins (Fried&Chopped) - 1/4 cup(together)

Procedure :

1.Wash the beetroot well and then peel the skin.

2.Cut in to pieces.

3.Pour milk in a vessel and then add the beet root pieces.

4.Pressure cook them for 15-20 minutes.

5.Meanwhile,bring the remaining milk to boil.

6.Now,grind the cooked beetroot with milk and add it to the boiling milk.

7.Add the condensed milk and sugar.Mix well.

8.Add fried cashew and raisins.

9.Simmer the stove for 5 minutes.

10.Remove from the stove.

11.Serve chilled.