Sunday, February 28, 2010

100th Post with Sooji Halwa & Event Announcement

Dear Friends, I'm very happy today. This is my 100th post. If you have not encouraged me through your lovely comments and wonderful awards, I'm sure I wouldn't have posted so many within just 140 days of blogging. Your comments are my source of energy which make me to blog with enthusiasm. My thanks to all my blogger friends who keep encouraging me with their kind words. In my today's post, I'm sharing a sweet recipe to celebrate this wonderful occasion. Also, I'm announcing my first event.


The sweet I've today is one of my mom's speciality sweets. My mom also calls this sweet with another name "Ukkarai".

Ingredients:

1. Sooji/Rava - 1 Cup
2. Moong Dhal - 1/2 Cup
3. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup (Powdered) or adjust to your taste
4. Coconut - 1/4 Cup
5. Cashew - 1/4 Cup (Broken and fried in ghee)
6. Ghee - 1/2 Cup

Procedure:

1. Dry roast sooji. Cook with enough water and keep aside.
2. Cook moong dhal. Add it to the cooked sooji. Mix them together thoroughly.
3. Add 1/2 cup water to jaggery and make it to a liquid. Filter and add to the above mixture.
4. Bring the pan to the stove, keep in medium flame for 10 minutes. Stir in between.
5. Add grated coconut and cashews.
6. Add the ghee. Mix well. Keep it as such for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove from stove.
8. Serve hot.







Now, let me tell you about my event. Here, in my first event the main ingredient is FRUIT. But, it is not going to be the usual salad or dessert with fruits. We are going to think beyond those usual dishes. We are gonna make Soups, Curries and Chutneys with fruits. I'm sure that my friends are so innovative and I have no doubt that you would soon fill my inbox with your entries. To make the event much more interesting, I've planned for a surprise gift too. Coming to the rules for the event,

1. Prepare any soup/rasam, curry/gravy/kuzhambu and chutney using any part of the fruit - skin, seed or flesh,etc...
2. You can use any combination of fruits. Also, you can use vegetables along with fruits.
3. You can make the dish sweet or sour or hot.
4. Post the recipes between 1st March and 31st March 2010 in your blog.
5. Only vegetarian recipes will be accepted. No eggs please.
6. Using logo is compulsory. Give link to my event page in your post.
7. No limit to number of entries.
8. Archived entries will be accepted if they are re-posted and linked back to this event.
9. Send your entries to nithuskitchen@gmail.com with the subject line "Think Beyond the Usual - Fruits" and with the following details.

Your Name :
Your Blog Name :
Recipe Name :
URL of the recipe :
Category (Soup/Curry/Chutney) :
Picture of your recipe :
Your Location :

10. Non-bloggers can send in your entries to the above mail id and the subject line with your name, location, recipe, recipe category and the picture of your recipe.





If you are still unclear about the event, I'l post some recipes soon and you can pick-up the ideas from there. Wish me good luck with my first event and I'l again meet you all with my fruit dishes :-)





57 comments:

shahana said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!!Nice presentation as always!

Rachana said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Lovely suji ka halwa!

Pari Vasisht said...

Nithu Congrats on the century and all the best for ur event.

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi,
Congrats on your 100th post!
Great theme. I will try to be creative and send at least one entry! (If my mind co operates then will send more!, Its become lazy without using it often)

Nithya said...

Congrats.. thats awesome and you are gonna rock more and more for sure :) Keep it going.

Ms.Chitchat said...

Congratulations on ur 100th post. Wishes for many more. I loved ur presentation. Click is tempting too.

Chitchat

Swathi said...

Nithu,
Congrats on your 100th post and nice theme for the event. I will try to send something

priya said...

congrats on ur 100th post, nithu dear!...halwa looks yummy and tempting..and interesting event too..ll try to post some!

Nithu Bala said...

Thank you Dear friends for the wishes and the lovely comments..expecting your entries:-)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Congrats for reaching 100th post, halwa looks lovely and nicely decorated. Wishing you all the best for hosting the Event.

subhashini said...

First of all a big CONGRATS!!!! for your 100th post.
Amazing event.Please count me in dear.
Love
Subhashini

subhashini said...

I again dropped to ur site to tell that different style of suji ka halwa.Very good.
Subhashini

Deepa G Joshi said...

hey this is such an achievement and the happiness is wordless.congratulations and best luck for the event..

www.foodlyrics.com

Simplyfood said...

Congrats on your 100th post.This event sounds wonderful wills end a recipe soon.

Vrinda said...

Congrats on ur 100th post,delicious halwa..Happy hosting dear,will try to participate...

SE said...

congratulations girl !!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Congrats on your 100th post. Love your event. Will send some entries. The halwa looks hearty!

Fathima said...

Congrats on ur 50th post... sooji halwa looks perfect... The event sounds interesting... I will be going on a vacation to India in March and hence will miss this interesting event.. :-(

Gomathy S said...

Halwa looks yummy and an innovative event :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Congrats on your 100th post and first event :) halwa looks so delicious and cute too!

LK said...

Congrats, Nithu!
Will try to send something for your fruit event.

Nithu Bala said...

Thanks Friends, please do send in your entries..

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100th post,,halwa looks so delicious ...nice event,,will try to participate...

Meena said...

Congrats on the ahievement and good luck withe event...love the concept...I can already think of a couple of dishes to send!!

Padmajha said...

Congrats on your 100th post Nithu! Am sure u are so elated..And love ur sweet too!Nice theme for the event.Will send in something for sure and Happy hosting!!

Namitha said...

Congrats Nithu !!! That's an interesting event...will send in some entries :-)

Sushma Mallya said...

Congraz nithu on your 100th post,what a perfect way to celebrate it with this gorgeously presented sweet dish,looks awesome,and your first event is really lovely,hope it becomes very successful..will send in my entries...

Suji said...

Hi Nithu..

We are pretty new to the blog world and we must say you have a lovely space here..Good luck with your event and it sounds really interesting. Will definitely participate..

Love
Kairali sisters

Uma said...

congrats on the century Nithu! halwa looks so heartily yummy :) Nice event. Happy hosting.

Rekha shoban said...

looks awesome nithu....congrats on ur 10th post

kitchen queen said...

congrats on ur milestone post and the sooji halwa looks mouth watering.

BeenaShylesh said...

congrts on the 100th post...and nice event tooo...iam thinking of the recipe...

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Nithu for reaching this milestone, sooji halwa looks yummy and awesome, thanks for sending to my event..

Definitely will send my entries..

Rujuta said...

Hi..Nithu
Heartiest Congratulations on your 100th post....wow....100 posts in 140 days of blogging is awesome record dear.....
And what a wonderful theme for your event.......i will def. try to participate.....

Shama Nagarajan said...

Congrats dear..yummy halwa..thank u for participating.....happy hosting

Rachel said...

Your recipes are always so artistically presented. Just wanted to let you know that the My Legume Love Affair roundup is now live. Thank you for sending in all those wonderful recipes.

Raks said...

Congrats on reaching 100 posts! Wish ur blog many more celebrations like this!

Padma said...

Congrats on your 100th post Nithu... Nice event with fruits. Happy hosting.

Renuka Bedre - Rao said...

Congratulations on your 100th post dear! wat a lovely event to celebrate it with..i will surely send smthing..loved this sweet too!! gr8 post..

Unknown said...

Congrats on ur 100th post and great event nithu..happy hosting!!Delicious & tempting halwa!

Bharathi said...

Congrats On your 100th post... That too in a short time span.. Keep going..

Neetz said...

woww..delicious one and congrats dear!!!.....ur theme is a good one..and will try ny best to participate :)

Jyoti V said...

Congrats on Milestone..
Sent my entry..hope you have recieved it..

Sara's Events n Roundups said...

Hi Congrats and Nice event. Will try to send mine.

If you wish the event to appear in my Events & Roundup Blog. do leave a comment with the link.

Veggie Hut said...

am sending one today..

Kiran said...

Hi Nithu,

You have a very beautiful blog with delicious recipes.I am a new blogger and would like to participate in this fruit event you are conducting.I would like to send in my Cranberry Daal recipe.let me know if it is accepted.I am Kiran from http://kiranjay.blogspot.com
Visit my blog at your convenience.

PranisKitchen said...

I like to participate...I have some queries about the events..If u don't mind pls check and revert back.thanks

RV @ Food for 7 Stages said...

My mind is already thinking what I can prepare with the fruits... and Congratulations... and Keep the recipes coming..

Archana Vivek said...

Hi Nithu,
Event sounds interesting. Will send in my entry soon.

R said...

nice event, just sent in an entry.

http://recipegrabbag.blogspot.com/

Sanjana said...

Hi Nithu, of course you can send this in to my competition. Just e-mail me the details :)

Unknown said...

Hey Nithu,
Can we send fruit pickle recipe to this event?

M D said...

Congratulations! I'm sending over some for sure!

R said...

Nithu, Kiran (of sumadhura) posted a suggestion to send my methi banana paratha recipe to ur think beyond the usual event, let me know if u can accept paratha as an entry because you have asked only for soup/rasam, curry/gravy/kuzhambu and chutney. thanks!!

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Dear,
Sent 6 entries for your lovely event. Let me know if you received it.

Jaleela Kamal said...

100 வது பதிவு வாழ்த்துக்கள்.100 ஆயிரம் ஆக வாழ்த்துக்க‌ள்.

அப்ப அதை நீங்க நடுவில் ரெயிசின்ஸோடு 100 சூப்பர்,

ரோஸ் எனக்கு ரொம்ப பிடித்தது. பார்க்கவே அருமையாக இருக்கு.
அருமையான பிரஷன்டேஷன். சூப்பரோ சூப்பர்.

veena said...

Congratulations. Will send in my entry soon